LATEST UPDATE: JUNE 2023
- Who We Are
- Personal Information
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Other Uses and Disclosures
- Cookies and Other Information
- Security – How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
- Choices and Access
- Retention Period
- Third Party Services
- Age Verification
- Use of Services by Minors
- Third Party Payment Services
- Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfers
- Additional Information Regarding Data Privacy in the European Union
- Additional Information for California Residents
- Contact Us
Who We Are
- Through offline business interactions you may have with us; or
- By otherwise interacting with us through your devices
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Social Media Pages, emails and offline business interactions as the “Services”.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or is identifiable, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you or your household. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available through government records or the internet, information that has been de-identified or aggregated, information that is anonymous or non-personal or information that cannot be reasonably linked to or traceable to you or your household. We may collect or generate anonymized and aggregated information from your use of the Sites, wi-fi, applications and systems. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the categories of Personal Information which are subject to change from time to time pursuant to applicable law which we may collect about you or your household at our discretion:
- Postal address (including billing, mailing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Payment information such as credit card information, banking information, payment processor information;
- Account information (including your name and contact details, as well as any
account preferences you have created within your account);
- Date of birth and other information included in a government-issued identification (e.g. drivers license, tax identification number, military identification number etc.);
- Transaction history (which shows us products and services you have viewed, requested, or purchased, payments and credits and any returns processed);
- Location data (derived from your internet protocol (“IP”) address or data such as a zip code or the name of a town or city);
- Information you provide on any Website page or other online sharing platforms, such as photos, comments, ratings and other information you choose to submit to us;
- Profile picture;
- Inferences from other personal information that could create a profile about your preferences and characteristics.
- Social media account ID”, photos, posts and other account content; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide so that we can communicate with you such as when you contact us to provide customer feedback or to submit a product return / warranty claim).
- Information required in order to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unless we request it, we ask that you otherwise not send to us and you not voluntarily disclose to us any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, biometrics, fingerprints or genetic characteristics, criminal background history or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Collection of Personal Information
- Through the Services
- We collect Personal Information through the Services such as when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account to access the Services or purchase any of our products.
- We may collect Personal Information from you offline such as when you place an order over the phone or when you contact our customer service team for any reason.
- From Other Third Party Sources
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources such as the following:
- Publicly available databases
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you may share certain Personal Information from your social media account with such as your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts and any Other Information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account.
Use of Personal Information
VaporizerDepot.com and its vendors and service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the ways in which we may use your Personal Information at our discretion and subject to applicable law:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account and providing you with related customer service support.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise such as when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service support.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms and conditions, policies, practices or procedures.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To send you marketing related emails with information about our services, new products and other news about us.
- Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion.
- Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any legitimate business purpose.
- Accomplishing our legitimate business purposes.
- For data analysis such as to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes such as to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For the performance of data analytics, benchmarking, account or network security purposes;
- For the management and monitoring of all access to our infrastructure, equipment, network and systems;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends such as to understand which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users;
- For operating and expanding our business activities such as to understand which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests; and
- For such other purposes as are reasonably required by us in connection
with our business operations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers for purposes of facilitating services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology, marketing management, financial services, age-verification services and technology related infrastructure services, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages and any Website page). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures:
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate such as when we have a legal obligation or legitimate business purpose to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and government regulations.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and orders or to provide information as requested by a law enforcement agency.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- We may use and disclose Other Information for any legitimate business purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- For regular public reporting activities or internal reporting activities within the VaporizerDepot.com corporate family.
Cookies and Other Information
In addition to Personal Information, VaporizerDepot.com and its third-party partners, also collect certain other information when you visit our Websites, use our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. “Other Information” means any information that does not reveal your specific identity or which does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This includes the following:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
The Websites and our various platforms may contain links to or integrate with third-party websites, products, apps and services that are not controlled by us. These partners provide information about your activities including information about your device, browsing history or the websites you visit or the things you do with their services. We may also receive information about your online and offline actions. Our partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as contact details, is governed by such third-party’s respective privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third parties. VaporizerDepot.com and its service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Using cookies
- Through your browser or device:
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- IP Address
- Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We may collect the physical location of your device such as by using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, VaporizerDepot.com and/or its marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Security – How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
We promote the safety, integrity and security of our technology and systems to help us provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent and safe experience. To that end, we use reasonable measures in our discretion to maintain physical, technical, organizational and procedural safeguards in an attempt to safeguard your Personal information from loss, alteration, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or use both online and offline including but not limited to the implementation of access controls, firewalls, network intrusion detection and anti-virus software and restricting access to your Personal Information to authorized personnel. In this spirit, we require that you prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information by selecting and protecting your passwords appropriately and limiting access to your computer, laptop, cell phone and devices by signing off after you have accessed your Personal Information through the Services. No such measure is ever 100% effective, so we do not guarantee that your Personal Information will be secure from hacking, theft, loss or breach, alteration, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately in accordance with the Contact Us section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. At any time, you may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: We will only send you marketing-related email communications if you opt-in to the communications, consistent with the preferences you chose when you registered your account or set up your profile. You may choose to opt in/out of such communications by logging into your account. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by contacting us directly using the methods shown in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt- out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
Depending on your state of residency, you may request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, limit the use of or delete your Personal Information, opt-out or object to the processing of your Personal Information or request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law). If you are a California resident, please refer to the “Additional Information for California Residents” section below for more information about the requests you may make under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “California Consumer Privacy Laws.” You may send your request through the “Contact Us” section below.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, pursuant to applicable law and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior our receipt of your request (e.g., if you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you for purposes of providing the Services to you (for example, for so long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services such as for purposes of product warranties); or
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete or destroy them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in order to defend against legal claims or to comply with legal requests (such as in regards to the applicable statute of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Third Party Services
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collected, used, disclosed or for the security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
Some of the products that we sell through our Services are highly regulated and contain restrictions on the purchaser’s age. We are required and committed to preventing the sales of our products to anyone under the legal age pursuant to applicable law. We will only send you marketing materials and information that encourage or facilitate a purchase of our products after you have certified that 1) you are of legal age to purchase our products, 2) you understand that providing false information may constitute a violation of applicable law and 3) if you opt-in to such marketing materials and information.
Before you submit an order to purchase our products, we will verify your age through a non-affiliated third-party service provider to perform an age and identify verification check in compliance with applicable law. We use these trusted and reputable third party service providers to verify the information that you provide to us for purposes of age verification and to ensure that you qualify to access and purchase our products. We take your privacy very seriously and this process has been developed to protect the privacy of your Personal Information.
In some cases, in compliance with applicable law, we may require that you provide a government-issued identification (“ID”) or other forms of valid ID. If, through the third-party verification service, we are not able to verify your age and/or identity, you will be requested to upload a copy of your ID so that our team can manually verify your age. ID’s are uploaded to our third-party partner’s secure database and we simply process the result that they provide – in other words, we do not receive a file with your ID to be stored or saved on our servers or databases.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the legal age pursuant to applicable law and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the legal age pursuant to applicable law.
Third Party Payment Services
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfers
Additional Information Regarding Data Privacy in the European Union
You may also file a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available here.
Additional Information for California Residents
We may collect, share and/or disclose the following categories of Personal Information of our customers, prospective customers and visitors to our websites, social media pages and stores:
A. Identifiers such as legal first and last name, alias, postal address, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name (including social media) and driver’s license or other government - issued ID number (solely for the purpose of verifying age – see “Age Verification” section above for more information).
B. Personal information as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Laws including but not limited to name, contact information, account information, profile picture and social media account ID and driver’s license or other government-issued ID (solely to verify age – see Age Verification above).
C. Characteristics of protected classifications or demographic information under applicable California or federal law, such as age.
D. Commercial information such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information.
E. Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints.
F. Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data and interactions with our Websites, applications, systems, emails and advertisements. Information related to the use of your technology devices such as cell phones and laptops used for business purposes across our network, communication or systems, search history, chat history, browsing history, login information, virtual meetings and IP addresses.
G. Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location.
H. Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call recordings and CCTV footage created for quality assurance, safety and security purposes.
I. Professional or employment-related information included in job applications.
J. Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed
We may collect a variety of Personal Information about you on a voluntary or involuntary basis to manage your current or potential employment relationship with us, to manage workforce activities and personnel generally, including for recruitment, employee training, leaves, promotions and discipline; manage payroll, wages, tax forms and filing, stock grants and bonuses; administer benefits; maintain and secure our facilities and systems; protect the health and safety of our workforce and others; conduct research, analytics and data analysis to assist in planning succession and to ensure business continuity or for other reasonable and legitimate business purposes. We may collect the following categories of Personal Information of current or former employees, job applicants, independent contractors, owners, directors and officers as well as their emergency contacts, dependents and beneficiaries.
A. Identifiers including but not limited to contact information, online identifiers and Social Security numbers, passport information, military issued identification and other government-issued ID.
B. Personal information as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Laws including but not limited to name, contact information, education information, employment history, financial information and medical and medical insurance information.
C. Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable California or federal law including but not limited to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status, request for leave and marital status.
D. Commercial information, such as transaction information and payment information, in each case for employee-only deals and discounts on our goods and products.
E. Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints.
F. Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our Websites, applications, systems and emails.
G. Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location.
H. Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call recordings and CCTV footage created for quality assurance, safety and security purposes.
I. Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources
K. Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary.
L. Educational and professional background, such as work history, academic records, professional qualifications, professional licenses, certifications and references. Resumes, cover letters, interview notes, job applications, offer letters, credit history or background checks and any other information which is voluntarily disclosed by you directly or indirectly in the course of your application for and employment with us.
M. Employment details such as the names of your previous employers, job titles or positions, hire and end dates or durations of employment, performance reviews, disciplinary records
N. Demographic data such as your gender, sexual orientation, date of birth, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, disability status, veteran status or military status
O. Financial information such as tax and withholding information, payroll information, salary, bonus, wage, stock or equity grants, retirement or 401k, expense reports, banks or financial institution names and account numbers, credit card number, or debit card number
P. Information relating to company health or welfare benefits such as medical, dental, pet care, life insurance, short-term or long-term disability benefits, medical leave of absence or paid time off records
Selling or Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information.
Disclosures: Access to Specific Information and Personal Information Portability Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Laws and other applicable law and regulations, to request that we disclose certain information to you about our data collection practices and the use of your Personal Information as follows:
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following information, free of charge:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information about you;
- Our legitimate business purpose(s) for collecting the Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we shared or disclosed and the third parties with whom we shared or disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Laws and other applicable law, to request that we delete any or all of your Personal Information that we have collected from or about you and retained.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Correction Rights – You have the right to require the correction of inaccurate information about you.
Right to Limit the Use of Personal Information – You have the right to request that we use your Personal Information for only certain, limited purposes such as to provide the Services to you (e.g. buy products or services, enter sweepstakes etc.).
Right to Opt-In/Out – You have the right to opt-in/out of the sharing of your Personal Information to any third party
When you contact us, please specify in reasonable detail your intended request. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify and to comply with your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable which shall be consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request including but not limited to requesting your first and last name, email address, telephone number or address so that we can verify the request. Please provide as much of the requested information as possible to help us verify the request. We will only use the information received in a request for the limited purpose of responding to your request. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the request you make and will be on a case-by-case basis. We will match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we cannot comply with your request, we will inform you of the reasons why subject to applicable law. We will use reasonable efforts to answer your questions and advise you of any steps taken to address the issues raised by you. If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may be entitled to make a written submission to the data privacy authority applicable in your jurisdiction.
To protect your privacy, please do not include credit card numbers, social security numbers or any other sensitive, Personal Information in your email(s) or communication(s) to us. If you are not sure whether your information is sensitive or not, please err on the side of excluding it from your email(s) or communication(s) to us.